Orange Beach Vacation
Travel to Alabama's Gulf Coast
If you’re taking a Road Trip to Orange Beach, we have helpful maps and directions at the bottom of this article. Also, feel free to get our Ultimate Road Trip Checklist in an easy PDF format for viewing and printing.
Traveling in the USA, road trips are a great way to save money, connect with your loved ones, have a deeper level of experience and be free to go wherever you want – when you want. Check out our road trips post with great tips and benefits about road trips.
Why Orange Beach?
There are many reasons why you’d want to take a Orange Beach Vacation. Either you’ve already been there and fell in love with the place, or you’re looking for a new vacation destination on the beach. If you’re used to going to Panama City Beach or Destin, you might be looking for an alternative due to the Red Tide and Hurricane Michael situations. Orange Beach is an excellent alternative with the same beautiful, sugary white sand beach! Some might find Orange Beach to be cleaner, quieter and more family-friendly than PCB. We’ll give you all the info you need to take a beautiful vacation in Orange Beach, AL.
Orange Beach vs Florida Panhandle
Since Orange Beach is not talked about as much as Florida, it doesn’t have as many visitors. This can be both a good or bad thing, depending on what you’re looking for. Honestly, if you’re looking for a place to party and live it up, Orange Beach might not be the best option. There are not many places to go out with the exception of a few very small bars. Alabama is quiet and the people are very friendly. Orange Beach is the perfect place for a relaxing beach vacation, romantic getaway and family vacations. It offers many miles of beautiful clean white-sand beaches, countless beachfront as well as gulf and bay side condos and home rentals, a relaxing, easygoing atmosphere and plenty of activities, restaurants and things to see.
If you’re looking for a beach vacation with better nightlife, check out Panama City Beach, FL.
Orange Beach Attractions & things to do
Because Orange Beach is a popular beach vacation destination, you can expect a lot of water activities such as surfboarding, boating, fishing, snorkeling, parasailing, jet ski rentals and more. There are moped and bicycle rentals, beach stores, national parks and shopping centers just about anywhere. If you’re looking for a theme park, The Park at OWA is about 30 minutes away and features a downtown filled with stores, restaurants and scenery as well as an amusement park with lots of rides and activities. OWA is brand new, built November of 2016. Therefore, you can expect new and smooth rides, clean surroundings and a very friendly staff. The downtown is free to enjoy and the theme park admission starts at $27.99. Kids 3 and under are free and they constantly run Special Offers.
If you’re looking for some fun closer to the beach, Adventure Island has a lot to offer. Here you can find mini golf, go-carts, lazer tag, bumper and paddle boats climbing adventure and a teacup ride. In addition, there is an arcade with over 100 games and they can help you celebrate a birthday. Adventure Island is in Orange Beach, right on Perdido Beach Blvd – literally 5-10 minutes from just about any resort in Orange Beach! Special coupons are available on their site.
Seeking a bit more Adventure? You will find some more exciting adrenaline-pumping adventure with Hummingbird Zipline that has 8 giant ziplines. For more water-related adventure and sports activities like Jet Ski, Parasailing, Boat tours and Fishing check out one of these top-rated companies:
Additionally, Orange Beach has beautiful nature and national parks as well as many unique trails to hike if you want nature and free activities. Some of the best State Parks include Gulf State Park and Alabama Point East Beach Park, which offer sand dunes, boardwalks and picnic areas. Here’s a list of our Top Trails in and around Orange Beach, AL :
On the other hand, the Orange Beach Waterfront Park has a playground, pavilions, BBQ grills and a fishing pier for another great day at the park. The Meyer Park also has shaded picnic tables and play sets.
Orange Beach lodging - where to stay
Orange Beach, AL has resorts and vacation rentals for every budget and vacationing style. From one of the most upscale resorts like Turquoise Place (rentals) to many more affordable options on the bay and in between the bay and gulf. Here are our Top Recommended Resorts with the best amenities:
- Caribe Resort (rentals) offers many condos featuring multiple bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchens. Some of the amenities include multi-tier very large pools, a huge lazy river, on-site restaurants, full-service marina, games, fitness centers saunas and more. Caribe Resort is between the gulf and bay so the prices tend to be lower than some gulf-front resorts. But you still get the view of the gulf and free beach access across the street.
- Phoenix West 2 has a large lazy river, splash pad for kids, lighted tennis courts, hot tubs and saunas, BBQ grills and an exercise room. This is a gulf-front resort just a few steps from the beautiful white sand beach.
- The Turquoise Place is a luxurious, more expensive resort. Some of the top amenities include beachfront cabanas, fitness rooms, grocery delivery, on-site playground as well as lagoon pool, indoor pool, games, kiddie pool and more.
- Phoenix on the Bay is another option that is, as it states, on the bay. This place has floor-to-ceiling windows, large lazy river, kiddie pool, big water-slide, indoor and outdoor pools, boat launch and slips, BBQ grills, fitness rooms, lighted tennis courts and putting green. You don’t get the ocean-front view, but the amenities make us for that!
- The Beach Club Resort & Spa (rentals)is another spectacular, luxurious, family-friendly resort with a lot to offer. Onsite activities for kids and adults, arcade and billiards, clubhouse game-room, cabanas, grocery delivery, activities court, playground, walking trails as well as indoor/outdoor pools, gift shop, fitness center and beach campfires are all available for enjoyment. This is a perfect place if you want to stay at your resort but don’t want to be bored after a while. If you’re flying in, you won’t even have to rent a car or leave the resort because it’s all there.
Get directions from any city to Orange Beach, AL by clicking on the directions tab(desktop) or larger map(mobile) below.
Road trip to Panama City Beach from Michigan
If you need directions from a specific city and address, click the map above and punch in your “from” address or check out our popular starting cities above.
Are you traveling on a budget? We have useful tips for budget travel and how to score deals – check out our Budget travel post.
Want to make your vacation more romantic? Then check out our Romantic Vacations for more information. Orange Beach is a great spot for romantic getaways. They have very secluded and quiet beaches as well as activities to bring you closer. Resorts galore that offer everything from beautiful large lagoon pools and hot tubs to massages, restaurants and dinner cruises.